At just five-inches tall, he's a demon with attitude, and he is fed-up with people summoning him through his talisman. With sass and cheek aplenty, he wanders grumpily through a saga of adventures. He meets learner drivers, babies, and zoo creatures, to name but a few, each in need of his special brand of help.
Theme and Variations is a collection of sixteen flash fiction stories with music – some of it harmonious, some discordant – running through them.
- A participant in an internalised music scheme chooses to ignore what he assumes is just a glitch…
- A story vending machine provides more than just a good read for an apprehensive job applicant…
- When God decides that the Ten Commandments are outdated, how will Saint Peter manage the re-write…?
- A silent child finds his own way to communicate…
- A woman’s music competes with her boyfriend for her affections…
Although fictional, these stories also contain many elements of realism. After all, music will always be with, around or in you.
This is a short sharp collection of well-told stories by Jim Bates who
once again brings us some evocative writing with a strong literary
voice. We meet a plethora of characters, each with their own concerns
and triumphs. They face life’s challenges and often have to turn
situations around. Will they succeed? Will they make life good again?
In this collections of flash fiction, Jim Bates packs a lot of story into a few words.
Buy all three for just £15.00